JOB TITLE: Odorization Process Engineer
JOB TITLE: Odorization Process Engineer
WORK TEAM LEADER? no
DIVISION: WV Operations
LOCATION: Philippi, WV
REPORTS TO: US Operations Manager
The Odorization Process Engineer develops, manages and executes projects in the life cycle of odorization equipment. Namely, installation/commissioning of new equipment, decommissioning of obsolete equipment, completing preventative maintenance of odorization equipment; pipeline pickling, odorant spill remediation, odorant delivery and transfer, and temporary odorization.
The Odorization Process Engineer communicates with clients, technicians, and operations to coordinate workflow.
The Odorization Process Engineer works at the MRR facility in Philippi, WV and remotely throughout the USA.
- Service natural gas and propane industry in the field of odorization.
- Promote and maintain a safety culture.
- Manage projects: develop, design, quote, schedule, communicate, execute, report, invoice.
- Design odorization skids.
- Develop procedures of work.
- Draw process diagrams.
- Field work:
- Decommission aged odorant equipment and prepare for shipment.
- Install new odorant equipment, small diameter pipe, and tubing (involves pipefitting, installation of Swagelok compression fittings…)
- Troubleshoot and complete preventative maintenance of natural gas odorizers.
- Set up and monitor MRR equipment for natural gas pipeline pickling.
- Perform safe and odor-free transfer of odorants between tanks.
- Remediate odorant spills.
- Travel (drive / fly) to client locations throughout the USA to complete assignments.
- Drive box trucks, pickup trucks w/ trailers and flatbed / stake bed truck
- Identify and implement improvements to the realm of MRR activities – continuous improvement. This should include but not be limited to training, technician development, project organization, equipment and work processes, technical standards, information management, etc.
- Attend conferences to increase the visibility of MRR in the industry and to keep abreast of technological developments
- Comply with State/Federal regulations and MRR safety standards at all times while performing duties.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation: work orders, DOT logs, expense reports, etc.
- Understand and comply with all DOT regulations
- Exercise sound judgment in proper resolution of a problem and seek direction from team and/or supervisor when necessary
- Know and adhere to standards of quality and customer service
- Handle flammable liquids and gases
- Perform job hazard analysis
- Clean truck and equipment and replenish inventory upon project completion to make ready for next project.
- College degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical)
- 1-3 years technical experience in the oil & gas industry, or manufacturing sector or processing plant.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to learn to design and draw process flow diagrams and equipment schematics involving tanks, lines, pumps, valves, actuators, sensors (Visio, autocad or equivalent)
- Time management, task management, information management, material management, people management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with coworkers and clients
- Strong work ethic, someone who is diligent and results-oriented, who promotes a partnership between MRR and its clients; someone who acts with respect, fairness and consistency
- Acts with intelligence, dignity, humility and authority, and commends respect
- Use of hand tools
- Electrical problem-solving skills to understand, operate and calibrate electronic sensors
- Flexible for travel throughout the USA when required (about 50% of the time)
- Physically fit (physical work, outdoor work)
- Ability to quickly assess problems and process workable solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a diverse group (collaboration, initiative, respect, articulate expression, proactive communication)
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation
- Effective dealing with scheduling problems and/or changes
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive rental vehicles; clean driving record.
- Must be 23 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Competitive compensation
- Per diem given for travel days
- Health insurance, vision, dental insurance – High Mark Blue Cross Blue Shield of West Virginia
- Opportunity to participate in high-profile jobs and serve the public good (public safety)
- Opportunity to travel nationwide, discovering the country’s diverse landscapes, people and cultures.
- Stable employment in a successful family-owned company, where you are not just a number.
- Work out of a brand-new facility in Philippi, WV
The MRR process is entirely compliant with all regulations.