JOB TITLE: Odorant Technician
JOB TITLE: Odorant Technician
WORK TEAM LEADER? no
DIVISION: WV Operations
LOCATION: Philippi, WV
REPORTS TO: US Operations Supervisor
The Odorant Technician works at the MRR facility in Philippi, WV and remotely throughout the USA on a variety of natural gas odorant related projects such as: installation and/or removal of odorant tanks, supply lines, and odorizers; completing preventative maintenance of odorization equipment; pipeline pickling, odorant spill remediation, odorant delivery and transfer, and temporary odorization, while following all applicable regulations (DOT, OSHA, etc.).
- Service natural gas and propane industry in the field of odorization
- Decommission aged odorant equipment and prepare for shipment.
- Install new odorant equipment, small diameter pipe, and tubing (involves pipefitting, installation of Swagelok compression fittings…)
- Troubleshoot and complete preventative maintenance of natural gas odorizers.
- Set up and monitor MRR equipment for natural gas pipeline pickling.
- Perform safe and odor-free transfer of odorants between tanks.
- Remediate odorant spills.
- Travel (drive / fly) to client locations throughout the USA to complete assignments.
- Drive box trucks, pickup trucks w/ trailers and flatbed / stake bed truck
- Comply with State/Federal Regulations and MRR Safety Standards at all times while performing duties
- Complete timely and accurate documentation: work orders, DOT logs, expense reports, etc.
- Understand and comply with all DOT regulations
- Exercise sound judgment in proper resolution of a problem and seek direction from team and/or supervisor when necessary
- Know and adhere to standards of quality and customer service
- Handle flammable liquids and gases
- Enter and update equipment status in MRR MapYourTag account
- Fill out non-conformance, near-miss and accident reports
- Perform job hazard analysis
- Clean truck and equipment and replenish inventory upon project completion to make ready for next project.
- Strong mechanical skills with some formal technical training:
- Ability to interpret diagrams and schematics involving tanks, lines, pumps, valves
- Understanding of pumping principles
- Understanding of fluid pressure and flow
- Use of hand tools
- Preferably, a tradesperson such as a pipefitter, welder or electrician OR someone with 5 years technical experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Electrical problem-solving skills to understand, operate and calibrate electronic sensors
- Flexible for travel throughout the USA – Travel up to 50% and sometimes with short notice
- Physically fit (physical work, outdoor work, long days, lifting)
- Ability to quickly assess problems and process workable solutions
- Ability to follow complex written procedures involving valves, pumps, actuators, sensors, measurements
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a diverse group (collaboration, initiative, respect, articulate expression, proactive communication)
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with coworkers and clients
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation
- Effective dealing with scheduling problems and/or changes
- Strong Work ethic
- Computer, tablet and smart phone literate
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive rental vehicles; clean driving record
- Must be 23 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Competitive compensation
- Per diem given for travel days
- Health insurance, vision, dental insurance – High Mark Blue Cross Blue Shield of West Virginia
- Opportunity to participate in high-profile jobs and serve the public good (public safety)
- Opportunity to travel nationwide, discovering the country’s diverse landscapes, people and cultures.
- Stable employment in a successful family-owned company, where you are not just a number.
- Work out of a brand-new facility in Philippi, WV
The MRR process is entirely compliant with all regulations.